woensdag 24 maart 2010

My second English book

The second English book that I’ve read is “The Old Man and the Sea” .
The “Old man and the sea” is a unique book which was written by Ernest Hemingway.
The Old Man and the Sea takes place entirely in a small fishing village near Havana, Cuba, and in the waters of the Gulf Stream, a current of warm water that runs north, then east of Cuba in the Caribbean Sea. The central theme of the book is manhood. Hemingway's ideal of manhood is nearly inseparable from the ideal of heroism. The old man was a person with honor and dignity: to not succumb to suffering, to accept one's duty without complaint, and most importantly, to display a maximum of self-control.
I would recommend this book to my classmates with great pleasure, because it’s a very interesting book which tells us about the manhood of the old man who fights till the end and didn’t give up. Another good thing about the book is that it has a very nice story behind so one wants to know what is going to happen next. I liked the book very much and I’ll read it again as soon as I’ll have free time for that.

Geen opmerkingen:

Een reactie posten